1. Plowed but left unseeded during a growing season: fallow farmland.
*2. Characterized by inactivity: a fallow gold market.*
1. Land left unseeded during a growing season.
2. The act of plowing land and leaving it unseeded.
3. The condition or period of being unseeded.
tr.v., -lowed, -lowÂ·ing, -lows.
1. To plow (land) without seeding it afterward.
2. To plow and till (land), especially to eradicate or reduce weeds.
I should also mention “the electric sheep screen-saver”:http://electricsheep.org/.
Who wouldn’t want a screen-saver that looked like that?